Flaws in Google Translation “Arabic to Urdu”
Today, I was translating some document from Arabic to Urdu Using Google Translation Tool, I was shocked when I see one big blunder in Translation, I will not say this is a mistake it’s a big error. For our most of the translation issues all of us rely on Google Translation and its badly misguided.
Subhan’Allah (سبحان اللة) is definitely an Arabic word which is translated as “Glorious is Allah.” “All glory to ALLAH” and If we translate it in Urdu it will be “Pak Hai Allah”
When We Translate (سبحان اللة) from Arabic to Urdu Using Google Translation Tool, it translates it as “Bhagwan“ which is is commonly translated as “God” in Hindusm. (Nauzubillah)
Look into the following Screenshot
Follow following steps to check it yourself
- Open Google Translation Tool http://translate.google.com/
- Select Arabic to Urdu in Translation Menu.
- If Arabic Keyboard is not installed in your system, Select Virtual Keyword option for typing.
- Type سبحان اللة to see the translation.
Who is Responsible for it?
Now Few Questions are coming in my mind, who is responsible for it? It’s a common word which is used in our regular routine and Google is totally failed, surely there is some big brains behind it who create this misguiding situation. Definitely there will be many more words which are not accurate in Google Translation. How can we correct this?
I understand Google is using Artificial Intelligence but Arabic is one of the most popular language in the World which is spoken in many states and also declared as National Language in many countries. If we check People behind Google Translation, there are many Indian (Hindu) in their team. It is possible maybe it translated in a wrong way by any of them or maybe anyone done this mistakenly.
It is difficult to do big things alone but with a team we can do anything in short team, here is few solutions which we can do together to solve it.
- Rate the Translation as “Offensive”
- Join Google Translation Group, and post your message.
- Visit their Blog and post your comment.
- Share this Message with your all online friends (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) to do above mention Steps.
- If you are the owner of any blog then its best to publish this message on your website.
I already informed a few people about this issue to take necessary actions according to their powers. Let’s how much time it will take to correct, There must be any organization to validate everything at least verify Islamic words.Update (11 January, 2013):
Finally Google makes the correction within 2 Days, now it’s showing as follow
Currently this language is in Alpha Mood, We hope Google will update the correct translation in the future. Thank you to all people who complained against this wrong translation.